Leaders in Training Program
Entering Grades 9-10 (Fall 2021)
Making the transition from camper to leader, the LIT program is for campers entering 9th & 10th grade. Leaders in Training (LIT) provides both a camp experience and valuable hands-on leadership instruction.
- LITs will alternate their weeks of camp between being a counselor intern (specific group and specialty) and helping on field trips with the campers
- LITs will include one full-day trip per 4-week session.
- During counselor internships, LITs work independently and as part of a leadership group developing communication skills, and engaging in creative thinking with professional speakers and facilitators.
- LITs who successfully complete at least one 4-week session of the program have first priority to work at Camp J the following summer as a Counselor in Training
- LITs will learn about games and activities that engage young campers; they will learn how to work with peers and supervisors, and they will learn leadership styles and approaches, time management, communication, and organization skills.
Session I (June 7-July 2)
Session II (July 6-July 30)
$550 per session ($450 JCC members)