Camp J Summer 2022 Health and Safety
From the onset of the pandemic, the Rosen JCC and Camp J staff have been evaluating, planning, and preparing for Summer 2022. Creating and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone has always been and remains our top priority. As we focus in on this coming summer and the complexities of COVID-19, we continue to learn, study and monitor guidance provided by local and state health agencies, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
As is the case every year, we are striving to improve every aspect of camp operations. COVID-19 requires additional attention in this area and a shift in processes and procedures for this summer.
The response, recommendations and guidelines of our COVID-19 plans are subject to and will likely change as we learn more. As more data and research is available and related protocols established, this information will be updated.
This guide is primarily intended for parents of current or prospective campers. Staff will be following much of the same standards outlined below and will also receive individualized COVID-19 plans prior to the start of summer.
The cleanliness and safety of our facilities is something in which we take great pride. Our facilities team works tirelessly to maintain camp and keep everything running smoothly. In addition to our standard cleaning procedures, the facilities team will partner with camp staff to ensure our entire facility is safe for the camp community.
- Common spaces, including common bathrooms, will be cleaned and sanitized regularly throughout the day.
Program supplies will be sanitized between group usage.
- All staff will be required to wear masks. Anyone entering the building will be required to do the same, as well as sanitize their hands.
- All campers and staff will be required to wash hands as they enter the building, before lunch, after playground time, and in-between activities as they enter and exit their classrooms.
We commit to keeping our families informed and will always be open and available for questions. Should you have questions, concerns, or ideas on COVID-19 and Summer 2022 or wish to discuss anything in this document further, please reach out to the Rosen JCC Welcome Center at (407) 387-5330.
During camp, there will be visual reminders of ways to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Upon arrival, COVID-19 protocols and procedures will be reviewed in detail with campers in an age-appropriate way.
Should your camper be considered high risk, it is imperative that you communicate with us so we can properly plan and accommodate their needs.
Cleanliness and Health
Several changes will be in effect to increase sanitation and maintain safety related to limiting the spread of COVID-19. In addition to increased signage that illustrate best practices to mitigate the spread of the virus and clarify expectations, campers will see:
- Increased number of hand sanitizer stations placed throughout camp with a focus on entries to buildings and high traffic areas.
- Space and time devoted to regular handwashing before and after meals, between activities and prior to use of shared spaces.
- Drinking fountains are closed and an increased number of water bottle filling stations have been added around camp. Campers will be instructed to carry their water bottles around with them. Drinking stations will be cleaned regularly.